How Smartest builds pages
From The Smartest Wiki
- Quince Controller pass-through to CmsFrontEnd application
- CmsFrontEnd application looks up hostname to identify site
- If there is a request string beyond '/', CmsFrontEnd uses SmartestRequestUrlHelper class to look up requested URL - otherwise already-identified site's homepage is retrieved.
- CmsFrontEnd application's private renderPage() method takes the identified page and passes it to a new SmartestWebPagePreparationHelper object.
- SmartestWebPagePreparationHelper object returns the HTML of the page via its fetch() method. This HTML is either from the cache (if the page is cached), or generated on the fly. This is handled by the SmartestWebPagePreparationHelper class.